Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wanderlust:[n] a strong desire to travel

Ciao!

So I decided that to make things easier, I am going to start using this blog to update everyone about my travels! Today is the 23rd, which means I have been in Italy for 12 days- crazy crazy crazy!

To start everyone off- I left for Italy on January 11th. We flew from JFK to Charles De Gaulle and from there to Florence! We had a six hour layover in Paris, lucky for some they slept in the terminal. Others (myself included) did not sleep at all! Nothing like being over-tired to really bond you with people. 


Once we arrived in Italy, we got our bags and met Serena and Daniele from Palazzo Rucellai. They called our names and put us in a cab and we were sent off to our apartments! The cab I was in dropped me and Ben (a boy also studying abroad) off at the wrong place. Day one and I am already lost! Luckily I remembered the name of our street- we needed Via Di San Niccolo! So we hopped into another taxi and 5 minutes later, we are at our new home!

The apartment I live in is beautiful. I share it with 6 other girls- their names are Jenna, Marlene, Lauren, Steph, Brittany and Devon. We have a kitchen, common room, four bedrooms and four bathrooms. We live across the Arno, which is nice because it is quieter on this side and a lot less touristy. Our apartment is beautiful, I never want to leave! I have started to really learn my way around our area and some other parts, there is still so much more to learn and explore!


Our street is the one circled towards the bottom! 

For now this is all I will post- I have to study/do my readings for classes tomorrow! More to come later obviously :)

No comments:

Post a Comment