Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eggplant Parm Dinner ( I Promise Not Every Post Is Going To Be Food)

While I could post about my great classes I had today, or walking around the city with Devon and Marlene in the rain, instead I am going to tell you all about dinner. I know I know i JUST did a post about food, but we MADE this dinner which is kinda a big deal- so sit back and enjoy the show! And if you read all the way to the bottom and pass a quiz than maybe one day I will make this delicious meal for you!

anyways...


Tonight we thought that instead of going out to eat somewhere, we'd try our hand at eggplant parm! Going to the Mercato Centrale, we were able to get a ton of veggies etc. for only 7 euro, which was much cheaper than EACH of us getting dinner somewhere. Now my cooking skills have never truly been tested, seeing as cookies = baking, and anything else I've attempted is...cookies. So I was really excited to learn/help out! (Some of the girls here have been living in apartments at school for a while and are really good at cooking)


Let the games begin:
Bread crumbs, eggs and some eggplants!
Steph cut the cheese (no pun intended bahahah)- or I should say, she cut the formaggio, which means cheese. Haven't learned how to say no pun intended yet though so you can laugh at that one.


Eggplants cooking...soooo hungry, cant wait to eat them

smells good who is excited?!



Olive oil and balsamic = essentials for bread, salad and pasta.

Devon and I cut up all those veggies and made a delicious salad! I may or may not have gotten yelled at for snacking on the peppers while making the salad (they were just so tasty!)






 Drum Roll Please. . . . . .


  DINNER IS SERVED!



I promise that next post will be all about classes and sites and trips etc. but I just couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment