Monday, February 7, 2011

Some Palazzo Rucellai, More Friends and Chocolate and a Dog in a Scarf

This is Palazzo Rucellai! Back in the day, the ground floor is where people brought their chariots. The first floor was for visitors, the second was private and the third was for the servants and the kitchens!



This is part of the library to the left of the picture is where I have my Dante's World class.


Here is the cafe right across the street from school, it has delicious croissants and cappuccino! Which is terrible and wonderful all at the same time.


Oh hello Palazzo Vecchio! You are looking especially pretty today!


David? Is that you?! ( This is not the real David this is imposter-David) The real one is in the Accademia (which I am going to with art and will be sure to post about!) 


On a lot of the street signs there is art work, sometimes it's hearts and things, other times it is:


These are done during the night by Clet. He is an artist that lives down the street!
Also down the street is Meta, a very tiny/strange grocery store. In italy they don't buy in bulk. So people are at the store every day, it is nothing like at home where you can stock up for half a year if you wanted. They don't add preservatives which is important, if you buy something USE IT, it wont last long.


This evening I met Mandy and Jessie and we went to the chocolate festival, because *GASP* they had not been yet! I know I was in shock as well, it started three days ago what were they doing with their lives?! (Oh that's right they were in Rome, all is forgiven!)

Jessie about to steal Mandy's chocolate waffle
I will be in Rome on a class trip, so I cannot go to Venice for carnivale, but I fully support someone buying/wearing this chocolate mask in my honor!



We walked around aimlessly after stocking up on chocolate, and stumbled on a cute little jewelry store.
Sisters/Mom/Aunts/Cousins/Friends- if you see any jewels you like let me know!!


Palazzo Vecchio by night! (QUICK LESSON- Vecchio means "old")


ALSO! 
Saw a dog wearing a fur scarf. No joke. I've seen dogs in leather jackets here, dogs dressed nicer than me. And now a dog in a fur scarf. Seriously?! 

The picture is a little blurry cause the big guy was on the move, but you get the general idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment