Monday, April 23, 2012

:D




If only there could be an invention,” I said impulsively, “that bottled up a memory, like a scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again.” - Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier



This is exactly how I feel about the past weekend. I could go detail for detail about who and where and what, but that still won't capture it. It's weird because as it was happening I was aware of the fact that this was something I was going to remember. There I am in the middle of barbequeing Saturday and I was actively thinking that when I remember this day it's going to be with a smile on my face.







Wait what was that? I was barbequeing. OH YES. The quote "Everyone is a feminist until we need to grill" was thrown out Saturday, as we were waiting for the boys to get there to start cooking burgers. That sentiment is far too accurate, and I was hungry. Despite the fact that I have never grilled anything, ever before, I decided to take it upon myself to be the grillmaster. 









Mission successful.
 While I'm still convinced the glasses of wine had something to do with it, everyone seemed to LOVE the burgers.  And thankfully I had my lovely assistant Sara to put the cheese on them. Later in the day Clark and Harrison tried to take over, but I was determined to be the grill master so they were swatted away with my spatula. 

I can't even begin to describe why this day was so perfect.
Naturally I'm saying this as I am about to attempt to describe it all. 

Alright excuse the cheesiness factor, but I felt like I was a little kid. Granted a little kid that is allowed to play with fire and grill and allowed to drink alcohol. But a kid nonetheless. I didnt feel like a college student with finals looming and various other stresses. The sun was shining and everyone was glowing, in drinks and sunshine. There was frisbee, sidewalk chalk, music blasting and the grass was SO GREEN, a whole field of green green grass and the bluest sky.


(Fun fact- I love the sky. I became aware of just how much when I was in Florence. The streets were so narrow and then you'd walk out into an opening and BAM sky and clouds. )
Nothing like some good clouds.
I probably had 20 photos of the same cloud before going through and deleting/editing pictures this weekend.

So we're behind Mandy's little red house and the sun is shining and there is grass as far as the eye can see. I'm with people I love, some of whom I haven't seen in quite some time. The happiest of days. We were all untouchable. I wasn't thinking of what I needed to get done for Monday, I wasn't thinking of anything outside the little bubble I was in. It was like going on a vacation for a day: fun, sunshiney, stress free. No one was graduating or had homework or anywhere else to be. 
( except maybe Sammy, but we got him to stay and play for as long as we could)



One of those days that you couldn't really explain to anyone that wasn't there. But since everyone has has something like that, it's understood.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't take a trillion and a half pictures of the whole day- so once again I will let those guys give some peek as to the sunshine happiness I felt.


The gorgeous Mandy who was so nice to have us all at her home :D Ye Newe.




We were chasing each other around and I managed to capture this little gem.. Sar and I are going to be living together next year, which I am BEYOND excited about. Not only will we have the most Florence/Europe-obsessed room that anyone has probably ever seen, there is also going to be photo wars constantly.  I am usually the one behind the camera, but Miss Leavitt always tries to get her shots of me...sneaky lil girl! 

                                   




















Just some bros on a couch in the yard... 



 The musical stylings of Crunchy Granola, 
the greatest Paul Simon cover song you ever did hear.




"Sara, I will give you $10 if you eat this.." 
(please note, she did, and is owed ten bucks)


And more and more and more pictures to further express that this day was unbeatable in all of it's perfection...







No comments:

Post a Comment