Thursday, May 19, 2011

The very end

It was our very last day and night in Florence. So. Sad.
I didn't think I would cry being back because we had already said goodbye to all our favorite places and people. Wrong, so so wrong. We were going to the luggage place and the cab driver had to go past our bridge, I was tearing up knowing I wasn't going back to my apartment at all. 

The hostel we picked was really nice though, the guy thought we were nuts because we had sooooo much luggage just for one night! We explained that we had been studying here and cleared up his confusion a bit!


Once we got all our stuff settled we went outside! It was so sunny and warm out. We went to the leather market for some last minute purchases and then went and got dinner at Gusta!

Making our pizza

om nom nom

The sun was setting as we headed back to the hostel to change so we sat on the bridge to enjoy it!




Then we went to Old Stove one last time! We had already said goodbye to Niama and other favorite going out places but not Old Stove, so we figured it only made sense to go there!

We were there for a while just recapping highs and lows of the semester (there were mostly highs) and not wanting any time to pass to send us home. The bartender kept giving us free shots of limoncello which was grrrrrreat (sarcasm, I do not particularly care for limoncello)!


Then we wandered some, had to say goodbye to another important person....


And this last night would not be complete without a walk fully around the Duomo! 


In Piazza Repubblica on the way to school there is a carousel. And all semester we have been saying we should ride it, and all semester we just haven't. Probably because in our heads we say, don't worry there is still time!

Time is up! Now or never...



It was great! One more thing to be checked off the list!
Then we went back to the hostel and packed up all our stuff to try and make sure it would make the weight limit...sort of a challenge!
Devon's flight was at 7 and mine was not until 1, however we did not want to part ways and not split a cab, so I went with her to the airport. Which meant that at 5 am I realized I would be spending 8 hours in the airport! Yikes.

Saying goodbye to her was the worst, I cried for about an hour after. Which actually was nice because I needed to kill 8 hours anyway! All my flights and such went smoothly which I was grateful for. 

And once I arrived in America I got to see my family! Never been happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment