Monday, February 6, 2012

Bahston Weekend

(Wow I have missed doing blog posts about adventures) 

Friday I drove up to Boston sans GPS (really proud of that) and it was concerto time! Thanks to the beautiful Sean Patrick and well timed Christmas/Birthdays...Liz and I got tickets to go see Jack's Mannequin and Jukebox the Ghost at the House of Blues! House of Blues is conveniently located a couple streets away from the girls apartment, so we didn't have to worry about cabs or anything of the like!
Liz and Sar outside House of Blues

Both bands were amazing, I may or may not have cried during some songs. (Live music has this effect on some people OKAY)


 Saturday, we woke up with plans to go to the Burrito Bowl. Sounds incredible right? Well apparently it was music to a lot of people's ears, on account of it was was SOLD OUT. Shoulda known it was too good to be true. However, we did not let that kill the adventure spirit. We wound up in Harvard Square at a Chili-Tasting Competition. Restaurants from the area were competing to see who had the best chili, which meant free food for us! 

Om Nom Nom! Russell House Tavern won our hearts and stomachs!





There was also a really great group of enthusiastic drummers continuously playing as the soundtrack for this event. Naturally this made us think of Sus and her love of bands of any sort. 












 

And with Mom on our minds we kept walking down the street to see this : 



 


People were putting up sticky notes about who in their life inspires them! Mommabear is the obvious winner, as she is the most kick-ass person we ever did see :D

We then sauntered back to my campus, lil ole Harvard. 
(JOKES I go to Yale, let's be serious!)


After some wandering and people watching, we headed back to the apartment for naps and to get ready. Then it was out for one last night in the wild before Sunday when it was time for me to head back to school. I have so greatly missed having a city to explore, and this only furthers my belief that I must must must live in a city for a good portion of my days!


No comments:

Post a Comment