Thursday, October 4, 2012

We are reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower in class. 
Which everyone should read. 
Which I will have a hipster moment and say,
 I read this book a million times before it was going to be a movie.
Anyway not the point. 
The point is that there is a quote
  "We accept the love we think we deserve."
 I think Eleanor Roosevelt said that. 
And a girl in class raised her hand and said that she thinks the quote speaks volumes about the person accepting love.
 I mean I get it that thats the whole point of the quote but it really got me thinking.

The love I allow to happen to me is the love I think I deserve. 
I can be sad that people are shitty, 
or I can take a step back and realize that to some extent I'm letting them be.

Yes some people just SUCK, but why do you not avoid them?
Why do you let the boy that cheats on you get another chance? 
Or the boy that doesn't call but makes excuses
 (he had a lot of work....every night... of every day...of every week)
I am all about forgiveness. But there is a fine line between forgiving someone for something and enabling someone to treat you poorly.


I know that this is common knowledge for most people, but this rocked my world. I think it's because I know it but haven't ever been able to follow through. I will give chance after chance after chance because things can be fixed. But lately I can see a difference. And this is something to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment