Friday, August 3, 2012

And so it goes, summer went too fast and too slow. 
It was stretching out for days on end, and now it's about time to pack up clothes for school. 
I took all my clothes from the girls apartment in Boston, does that mean it's not my apartment anymore? I still have a key, it still feels like a place to call home. Yesterday I went up for the night, I like when a place becomes familiar. I like knowing where I am, and what's around, and how I would get from one place to another. I definitely don't think Boston's been conquered yet, but I am far better at it then I was when I first shipped on up at the beginning of summer.  I know there is still more time, and I'm not about wishing any time away. Be where you are and all that, living in the exact moment. But musing on this summer, as far as summers go, this was a good one. Weird, but good.

 It was the first non-Southbury summer, which is a big step to being a big girl. Luckily I'm going right back to school so all that so called maturity can unravel real fast.  Last summer when there was a smaller group of people home I could tell  it was about time. Time for all of us to get away. I like it though because with everyone off in the world you end up seeing who it is you're going to keep. People you make effort with and people that make effort with you, reassuring me that it was not the fact that we are in the same place that keeps us friends.

And now it's just about time for senior year, which equal parts excites and terrifies me. It's been talked up quite a bit, I'm hoping that it lives up to the hype. Knowing us it will, it'll probably end up being more than we can all handle. Eventually I should make some goals, like go to every class never skip unless deathly ill, things like that. 
Still got some time to enjoy sunshine and summer things, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment